Welcome to eaUtils
Utilities addin for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
eaUtils is a free utilities add’in for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modelling tool. eaUtils provides features that have addressed a number of situations I came across over the past years in my daily use of Sparx EA.
Most eaUtils features come from scripts that were initially wrote in Enterprise Architect. Some of these scripts have been shared via articles published on my blog www.umlchannel.com, and improved since in eaUtils Enterprise Architect addin. eaUtils was launched with the aim to gather all scripts in a Sparx Enterprise Enterprise Architect addin for maintenance, installation, and diffusion purposes.
eaUtils proved to be useful with your EA modelling projects? Please share your experience in the new Testimonials section.
The next London EAUG 2018 will take place on the 7t and 8th of June. You can buy your tickets from www.eausergroup.com.
- Sort elements in a package or composite element, or according to their layout in a diagram
- Sort diagrams in a package or elements according to their modified or created date/time
- Generate elements alias according to their layout in a diagram
- Diagram breadcrumb trail
- Enhanced Find in all Diagrams
Custom scripts and add-ins services
eaUtils latest release
Release v1.15.5 of eaUtils is available since May 2018.
09/05/2018 - version 1.15.5 (release 1803-6)
- Minor bug fix on the Tree Package popup when resuming from the Settings window
03/05/2018 - version 1.15.4 (release 1803-5)
- Generate Alias bug fix: added auto leading zeros support (missing)
- Added YouTube link to the About window
- UI improvements:
- The selection(s) in the popup window e.g. Option, Direction... is saved before opening the Settings. When closing the settings, the selection is restored in the previous popup.
- The selected sorting option is saved when navigating between the tree package and the single package sorting popup windows (when the Process Tree Package is modified via the Settings).
- Automated tests integration (www.eatests.com): new feature to run tests from a diagram.
15/03/2018 - version 1.15.3 (release 1803-4)
- Detect the DBMS behind a Cloud Service connexion
- Find in Diagrams
- Added "Instance" to find an instance's classifier (opposite of EA "Classifier" usage type)
- Display the full path when selecting a row/diagram
- Focus on the element in the diagram (EA build 1305 and above)
- Find In Diagrams automated tests integration (www.eatests.com)
08/03/2018 - version 1.15.2 (release 1803-3)
- Improved About popup
06/03/2018 - version 1.15.1 (release 1803-2)
- Completed the Find in Diagrams with additional columns + classifier links support
02/03/2018 - version 1.15 (release 1803-1)
- Changed and improved the behaviour of dealing with selected items so it works with project browser and diagram selections
- Before then, eaUtils only took into account the selection from the project browser to identify the available features
- New feature to Find all Diagrams for a selected package or element from EA Project Browser
- This is the same as EA built-in "Find in All Diagrams" with added columns requested by a client (pending my feature request is taken into account by Sparx)
eaUtils is available to download here. It has been downloaded more than 1500 times since its release.
eaUtils online Help is available here.