eaUtils MDG Custom Model Searches: help section
When eaUtils is installed on your computer, its embedded MDG Technology is available. It includes custom model searches to run in Enterprise Architect.
eaUtils MDG Custom Model Searches in Enterprise Architect with eaUtils addin
Before using the Model Search, you can access eaUtils MDG by opening the list of installed MDG Technologies (Specialize > Manage Tech in EA 15.2):
Open EA model search (Ctrl+F) and browse to eaUtils MDG searches to use one of the following:
- Find Attribute by GUID
- Find Attribute by ID
- Find Diagram by GUID
- Find Diagram by DiagramID
- Find Element by GUID
- Find Element by Object ID
- Find Element by Alias
- Find Element by Stereotype
- Find Element Notes (see eaUtils related feature)
- Find Operation by GUID
- Find Operation by ID
- eaUtils MDG is embedded within the addin and like any other MDG, it can be set as required for an EA Project. This can lead to an error message when opening the EA project if eaUtils is not installed. See FAQ 7 for more information on how to fix this.
- The MDG has a SysML profile example with stereotyped blocks and parts (software, hardware), available from the diagram types and toolboxes. This is available for test purposes only.