Welcome to eaUtils
Utilities addin for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
eaUtils is a free utilities add’in for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modelling tool. eaUtils provides features that have addressed a number of situations I came across over the past years in my daily use of Sparx EA.
Most eaUtils features come from scripts that were initially wrote in Enterprise Architect. Some of these scripts have been shared via articles published on my blog www.umlchannel.com, and improved since in eaUtils Enterprise Architect addin. eaUtils was launched with the aim to gather all scripts in a Sparx Enterprise Enterprise Architect addin for maintenance, installation, and diffusion purposes.
eaUtils 1.14.2 has been released in February 2018. The help content is up to day.
eaUtils proved to be useful with your EA modelling projects? Please share your experience in the new Testimonials section.
- Sort elements in a package or composite element, or according to their layout in a diagram
- Sort diagrams in a package or elements according to their modified or created date/time
- Generate elements alias according to their layout in a diagram
- Diagram breadcrumb trail
Custom scripts and add-ins services
eaUtils latest release
Release v1.14.2 of eaUtils is available since February 2018.
14/02/2018 - version 1.14.2 (release 1712-3)
- Minor fix on the package tree popup (error msg not displayed when none of the packages were selected)
18/01/2018 - version 1.14.1 (release 1712-2)
- Automated tests updates (www.eatests.com integration)
- Settings window improvement: automatically enable radio or checkboxes when clicking on the related field
- Fixed Breadcrumb trail on linking Packages and hyperlinks (1.14 feature)
- Breadcrumb improvement : resize generated hyperlinks according to the title length
28/12/2017 - version 1.14 (release 1712-1), RC1
- New sorting option : elements object id (to sort by created order)
- Improved breadcrumb trail : in addition to composite elements opening the current diagram, added support from hyperlinks, package elements with this main diagram, and navigation cells (EA 13.5). eaUtils settings include the default breadcrumb trail options (Composite elements, Packages, Hyperlinks, Navigation Cells)
- Improved package tree popup window: the processed package is always visible in the list (when it is greater than the box size)
- Improved popup windows: the process can be cancelled
- New option to sort elements under an element (sub-elements)
eaUtils is available to download here. It has been downloaded more than 1200 times since its release.
eaUtils online Help is available here.